FAQs – WILL AWARDS 2021
What health and safety measures will be in place at the event?
- All attendees must show their QR code confirming proof of double vaccination and their government issued ID. You can download or print your QR code here.
- Once vaccination status is confirmed, attendees will be issued a wristband that must be worn throughout the evening.
- Masks must be worn except when actively drinking at bar tables during the reception or when seated in the ballroom at the dinner tables. When moving around the reception area or ballroom, masks must be worn.
- All JW Marriott staff working at the event will be fully vaccinated and masked.
- Tables will be spaced 6 feet apart.
- Individuals must not attend the event if any of the following apply:
- You are a close contact of someone with a confirmed or probable case of COVID-19 within the last 14 days
- You have any of the following symptoms:
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Temperature of 38°C or higher
- Fatigue or weakness
- Sore throat
- Runny nose
- Muscle or body aches
- Loss of smell or taste
- nausea, diarrhea, or vomiting
- Pink eye
- Women In Law Leadership and the JW Marriott will follow any other applicable health guidelines that may be in place on the date of the event.
Will we receive our tickets prior to the event?
Physical tickets are not required.
Can we purchase tickets at the door?
Given this event sells out every year, we are unable to sell tickets at the door.
Will there be assigned seating?
Yes. Seating charts posted at the entrances to the ballroom will indicate the location of your assigned seat.
May I ask to be seated with other ticket purchasers?
When you purchase your ticket online there is an opportunity to indicate any preferred seating companions. We will make our best efforts to accommodate your requests. If you did not make a note of your preference at the time you purchased tickets, you may submit your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Will I receive a tax receipt?
No. Women in Law Leadership is not a registered charity.
Can I pay by cheque?
Please email email@example.com if you would like purchase tickets by cheque.
Will you accommodate dietary restrictions and/or food allergies?
Yes. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to advise of any dietary restrictions and/or food allergies.
What is the dress code for the event?
Business dress or cocktail attire.
What time does the event start?
The reception will begin at 5:15 pm and the dinner will begin at 6:00 pm.
Is there a group rate when booking hotel rooms?
Yes. The JW Marriott has provided the following instructions for using the group rate:
|Guests can now make their room reservation by calling 1 (888) 236-2427. Please have the guests identify themselves as part of the Women in Law Leadership Awards 10th Anniversary group to receive the contracted rate. Guests can also book their rooms online. Here’s your reservation link your guests can use to make reservations:|
|Book your group rate for Women in Law Leadership Awards 10th Anniversary|
Is there a group rate for parking?
Yes, there is a group rate of $11.00. Self-parking for this event is in ICE District Main Parkade Lot 56 under the JW Marriott and Stantec tower. Entry to the lot is through the west entrance on 103 Avenue, just before 104 when you are heading west. There is construction near the entrance to look for the uprights sign that says Ice District Central Parkade.
Inside the parkade, follow the signs for P2 and proceed right when you enter P2. After parking, follow the marked walkway labelled JW. There is a parking meter in the JW elevator vestibule. In the parking meter, enter your licence plate, enter the rate name Lawleader, and the code 111821 when prompted.
Parking is available on a first come – first served basis. A hockey game is scheduled for the night of the event so parking may be limited.